How to complete a job application
How to complete a job application form is one of the most important topics that you need to know, if you want to apply for a job. All organizations need the applicant's resume and some companies also consider important to complete a form, because fill out it help employer to have a complete record of employment and personal history, signed and verified by an applicant.
For a job applications, it is important complete the form accurate and correct, without mistakes. Here are some suggestions and tips for filling out a form correctly, and not let a great opportunity to get a good job.
First, if you want to apply for a job, you must ensure to have all the necessary information together before the application, for example: training or schools, references, company names, addresses of past employers, past supervisors, dates employment, volunteering and sports.
In this section, there are personal questions about you.
- Full name and complete address.
- Zip code, State and City.
- Phone number
- Working paper certificate, if an applicant is over age.
- Felony convictions.
- Eligibility to work in US.
It is necessary to have all the information from studies throughout your life.
- Schools and university.
- Graduation dates.
- Degrees and diplomas.
You need to have at hand information about previous employment.
- Company names, phone numbers and complete addresses of previous employers.
- Dates of employment.
- Supervisor's names.
- Salary and reasons for leaving that work.
Position applied for information
You must have prior knowledge of employment about you are applying.
- Hours and days available to work.
- Tittle of the job you want to get.
- When you can start to work.
The references are one of the important requirements for employers, if the organization is really interested in you as a potential candidate to hire. You must have an employment references that will attest to your abilities, qualifications and skills for the work that you are applying.
- Names, relationship or job title, phones numbers and addresses.
Job application form tips
Some tips and suggestion about how to complete a job application form:
- A rule very necessary is not to leave anything blank, that is to say, complete all requested information, so if you do not have all the details, you can take home the form and return it when it´s filled out.
- Use a blue or black ink to complete the form, write neatly and clearly, and check for grammatical and spelling errors. It is very important to review the employment application form before turning it in.
- When completing the employment application, you must include the most recent education first as well as the most recent job first. It is necessary to include all information about training programs, vocational schools, high and college school.
- The list of the references don't only have professional references, you can also include volunteering. In these cases, you can name the organization or members that you have helped, but if you want to use them, you need to ask for permission before including the person for a reference.
- Finally, the applicant doesn't forget to sign the job application.