There are several reasons to leave a job, another job opportunity, new professional challenges, new employment opportunities, bad working conditions and low pay, there are infinite reasons to leave a job, many companies at the end of the work relationship, they ask a last interview called exit interview.
An exit interview is the most common way to know the personal reasons to leave a job. The company's Human Resources department produces these kinds of interviews in different ways. It can be taken in person, online, over the telephone or by mail. In this kind of interview you must feel relaxed and be honest with your answers.
The main objective of this kind of interviews is to make a research about the most usual reasons of renounce of the employers and improve these weaknesses of the company to not lose staff and collaborators in the future.
The concept of exit interview
An exit interview could be defined as a survey that is conducted with an employee that left the company. The responsible of this interview is the human resources area. The reasons of this interview are:
- Know the primary reasons for leaving the company.
- If you were satisfied with the company.
- If you will consider working for the company in the future.
- If you have received adequate support to do your job.
All this information is taken as a sample, to make a report about the strengths and weakness to identify the most relevant weak points of the human resources department. The work environmental sometimes is difficult with an exit interview the interviewers are going to have an idea about it.
In this interview the most common questions are based in the reasons you are leaving, the salary, the benefits, if you have other job opportunities, if you had a good work group, all this questions are elaborated to improve the work environmental and guarantee the satisfaction and working comfort.
The most common questions in this kind of interview are:
- How do you feel about the way our company is run?
- Why are you leaving your job or maybe what is your primary reason for leaving?
- What were the factors in your deciding to leave the company? New job opportunities? Professional challenges? Salary? Benefits?
- Were you satisfied with your salary?
- What did you like most about this company?
- What was most satisfying about your job?
- What was most disgusting about your job?
- Will you consider return to this company?
- Did you have any problem with a job partner?
- How did you feel about the supervision you received?
- What is your opinion about the company's benefits package?
- What do you think we could change in our company
- Do you have any tips or some comments to help us find your replacement?
In conclusion this interview is used for important companies that take care about improving the environmental work, the most common questions include reasons for leaving, job satisfaction, frustrations, advices and suggestions about concerning company policies.